I’m not certain what my problem was the past few days, but holy hell did I ever have one! I struggled with a crappy mood and attitude, which left me very disappointed with myself. Here’s the start of the list of things that bummed me out:
1) Parents who go out as a couple shopping at the busiest time of the year – and take their kids…who scream and yell and are utterly pissed off by the whole thing. Can’t one of them stay home with the kids while the other shops? Or leave them with a relative? Why must the rest of us be subjected to the tantrum of ther kids? Grr.
2) My hair – even when my amazing hairstylist does my hair, I still end up looking like crap within the hour, and my hair resembles the arse end of a badger. Today was no exception. Why can’t I ever, for even one day, look pretty?
3) Happy couples – I’m tired of looking at happy loved-up smug people in love. Yes I know that I’m dreadfully jealous, but still. Grr. NOTE: Genuinely happy couples in love are fine – it’s the smug ones that try to rub their happiness in your face and carry on as if they’re trying to convince someone of their love that are the problem. They are assholes.
4) Parking lot shenanigans – the upsetting, frustrating ordeal of finding a parking spot during the holiday season is already stressful, but the road rage that exists in mall parking lots takes things to a whole different level. Yuck. People need to chill the hell out…good will towards men, remember???!
5) People who back out of plans – if you make a plan, stick with it (unless you’re leaking from some part of your body – then it’s okay for you to stay home…in fact, I insist). Don’t be lame and cancel at the last minute, offering up some crappy bloody excuse – when that happens, it becomes apparent that you most likely never intended to go in the first place…and that really sucks. Honor your commitments. It’s not that hard.
6) Dance moms – stage parents as a whole are awful. I don’t mean any parent with a performing kid, I mean the ones who are trying to recapture their glory days or satisfy some unfulfilled dreams of their own through their kids…so gross. I’ve spent an awful lot of time around these creatures lately, and let me tell you…I’ve seen things, friends – and none of them have been pretty. I’ve got people with bail money on speed dial (in the event that I give in to the urges and punch them in the face), and I’ve been looking to buy myself a flask…perhaps dealing with them while intoxicated will make them more tolerable. They are vile. Ick.
I suppose I’d best stop now – I think I’ve covered the big ones. I hate having to rant in your direction, but please know how much I appreciate you listening. Lest you think me a total negative Nelly, here are a few things that I like:
-playing in a tub full of beautiful bubbles from Lush with my Wee One
What makes you feel happy, friends? At this time of year, it’s ever so easy to get so caught up in the hustle and bustle of life, and not take time to slow down and smell the roses. I’m trying to make more time for that these days…wanna come smell with me?